Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Noah's 6 Months Old!!
It does not seem like it has been 6 months since all the craziness surrounding Noah's birth, but it has been. He is now 6 months old and is a very laid back, and a very smiley and happy baby--something I needed for baby #5!! I took him to his well child appointment yesterday and he is doing well considering his pretty rough start. He is 14 pounds 11 ounces (3rd percentile), 25.5 inches long (10th percentile), and 43 cm head circumference (30th percentile). He is somewhat delayed in everything, but that's to be expected with his prematurity. He looked perfect until they looked in his ear and found he had an ear infection--poor guy! Noah has been a little more fussy the last few days, but not too much. I just thought he might be teething, but he really had an ear infection. He got started on an antibiotic yesterday and that's NOT easy to give to him. He absolutely refuses a bottle or nipple in any form (except mine) so I just have to stick the syringe in his mouth and give little squirts until he gets the whole thing in. I have to do it in little squirts because anything more than that he spits out. It will be a long 10 days!! Anyway, he is an avid fist sucker that eventually turns to his pointer finger. Hey, at least it's not his thumb!! Even though he's only been with us 6 months it seems like he has been with us forever because he just belongs--if that makes any sense. His brothers and sister absolutely love him. They love to give him kisses and hugs all the time. If we ever try to go anywhere Sarah tries to pull him out of the exersaucer because she is afraid we will leave him. 

In other things Sarah got some new girly Halloween pajamas. I tried to get her to smile so I could take a picture of her wearing them and she wouldn't. That's when Daniel stepped in to "help" her smile. She wasn't too happy about that.
Yesterday morning the kids got themselves dressed. As you can see by Matthew's no pants, Daniel's long sleeve polo shirt with shorts, and Josh's floody black church pants with the blue and green polo shirt the boys still need some assistance in the dressing department.
For Daniel's birthday he got a Pillow Pet. He loves that thing. The advertisers have made an impression on Daniel. He has the commercial from TV memorized for it and has sung it so many times that Sarah (who does not talk very much) is starting to sing it. Here's Daniel singing the commercial:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That Noah is absolutely adorable!! I can't believe that it's been six months already. I just think your kids are hilarious & so so cute!
Nice singing Daniel! Daniel looks soooo good! It is hard to believe that it was 6 months ago that the craziness started! Although I must say, if you have to go crazy, go in style! :)
whoops, I meant Noah looks good. Although Daniel does too! But the name Noah makes more sense in the sentence I wrote than Daniel does! whoops! :)
Post a Comment