Here we are waiting in line:
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Pumpkin Patch and a Car Wash with Toilet Scrubber
Saturday morning we went on a free hayride out to a pumpkin patch to let the kids pick out their own pumpkins. It is something we have done every year for the last 5 years. However, we have learned a few things along the way. The first time we ever went when we got out to the pumpkin patch we carefully looked and picked out the BIGGEST pumpkin we could find. We realized our mistake as we tried to lug it back to the hay wagon and then tried to get it to our car while not losing any child in the process. This year we let the kids pick out their own pumpkins with one rule: They had to pick a pumpkin they could carry by themselves from the pumpkin patch all the way back to the car. That meant we picked out five very small pumpkins. The kids didn't seem to mind too much though. It is just to hard because Aaron and I are way too outnumbered for us to carry everyone's huge pumpkin plus kids on the hayride and back to the car.
Here we are waiting in line:
I was in charge of Noah in the front pack and Sarah:
Daniel and his third pick. He kept finding ones he liked better. Luckily I think this was his final choice:
Sarah found hers:
Here we are sitting on the hayride on the way back to the parking lot: (Our pumpkins are at Aaron's feet so you can't see them.)
When we got home we decided we need to spend the day at home doing chores and getting things put away for winter. Aaron took down the trampoline, mowed, edged and weed eated the yard for the last time this year. It was such a nice day the boys spent it outside for a little while. I worked inside cleaning. When the boys started coming inside saying they were bored, I told them if they came inside they had to help me with chores. I had never seen anyone run outside so fast. I went merrily on my way until Aaron came inside and told me to come outside and look at how the boys were "helping" us. I went to the garage to find they had found an old bucket and opened up and dumped part of my case of bottled water in it. They then grabbed the toilet scrubber/brush cleaner (we keep it outside so kids won't play with it--ya, that worked out) and they were washing the car. Daniel had the toilet brush cleaner and Matthew had the ice scraper brush. Nice! So you know who not to call if you need a car wash!!
Here we are waiting in line:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hmmm...maybe I won't drive my car up there! :)
Post a Comment