This year we have had many ups and downs so to catch everyone up on our comings and goings we will start with our newest addition, Noah. Noah was/is our preemie. He was born almost two months early and spent his first month of life in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. He was born early via C-section since I started into pre eclampsia and my body couldn't handle the pregnancy anymore. After we were able to bring him home from the hospital he spent the next two months on oxygen and an apnea monitor. He did stop breathing a few times, but nothing some stimulation couldn't snap him out of--thank goodness. He is currently 8 months old and very cute and cuddly. He is a very laid back baby (which is what I needed for baby #5). He loves to sit up, roll over, coo, giggle and eat. We are thankful he decided to join our crazy bunch!Sarah keeps us on our toes. She turned 2 this year and very mischievous. She likes to get into everything! Her favorite mischief makers are markers and makeup. She thinks she is just like her brothers even though she is half their size. She copies everything they do. She is going to be one tough little girl! I am glad that I have at least one little girl to try and balance out all this testosterone in our house!
Daniel turned 5 this year and started preschool. He loves going to school
like his older two brothers. He loves wearing his backpack and having homework to do. Hopefully that enjoying homework part will continue through the rest of his school years!! He ended up quitting karate around the time Noah was born because our lives got so crazy. However, before he quit he did get up to a blue belt. We still continue to carry an Epi pen around for him, but his allergies to milk, eggs and tree nuts are somewhat decreasing. We are hoping we won't need the Epi pen for too much longer. Daniel is our comic relief and a chatter box. He keeps me company all day long and loves to talk. He continues to be a snuggler (I LOVE IT) and carries his brown blankee all through the house.
like his older two brothers. He loves wearing his backpack and having homework to do. Hopefully that enjoying homework part will continue through the rest of his school years!! He ended up quitting karate around the time Noah was born because our lives got so crazy. However, before he quit he did get up to a blue belt. We still continue to carry an Epi pen around for him, but his allergies to milk, eggs and tree nuts are somewhat decreasing. We are hoping we won't need the Epi pen for too much longer. Daniel is our comic relief and a chatter box. He keeps me company all day long and loves to talk. He continues to be a snuggler (I LOVE IT) and carries his brown blankee all through the house. Joshua turned 7 this year and is in second grade. He gave us quite a scare in March. He started having breakthrough seizures in February. We increased his medication dose, but he continued to have them. In
March his neurologist ordered for a sleep deprived EEG. On our way home from the EEG Josh started having seizure after seizure without stopping. We took him over to the hospital where they tried to stop it and they couldn't. They then transported him by ambulance down to Primary Children's Hospital where he spent three days in the hospital. During those three days they did an MRI which came out normal and started him on a second medication. That almost stopped the seizures. Since it takes a few weeks for the medication to have full effect in the body we had to adjust the new medication a few times after he came home for a few break through seizures. Once we got things under control for him he was able to resume soccer and he started basketball this last month. He loves to read, help me cook, and continues to be a big help around the house and with his siblings. He is quite thoughtful and is looking forward to being baptized in 2011.
March his neurologist ordered for a sleep deprived EEG. On our way home from the EEG Josh started having seizure after seizure without stopping. We took him over to the hospital where they tried to stop it and they couldn't. They then transported him by ambulance down to Primary Children's Hospital where he spent three days in the hospital. During those three days they did an MRI which came out normal and started him on a second medication. That almost stopped the seizures. Since it takes a few weeks for the medication to have full effect in the body we had to adjust the new medication a few times after he came home for a few break through seizures. Once we got things under control for him he was able to resume soccer and he started basketball this last month. He loves to read, help me cook, and continues to be a big help around the house and with his siblings. He is quite thoughtful and is looking forward to being baptized in 2011.Matthew turned 9 this year and is in fourth grade. He really enjoys school especially riding the bus. He continues to be in the learning center for the majority of his school time to help with his autism. He loves math and is excelling at the piano. He earned his Wolf badge in scouts and was able to participate in his first PineWood Derby this year. Aaron and Matthew had fun making their car. He is quite the conversationalist--albeit most of the conversation revolves around Union Pacific Trains, Freeways and the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum. He will talk to anyone and everyone and also has a very infectious laugh. He adds some flair to our family.
As for me I have been busy with my kids this year. I had a 9 day hospital stay that ended up with a surprise C-section in April. That took me a little longer to recover from than I thought. Thank goodness Aaron's sister Jill was able to come be the kids' second Mom so I could somewhat recover. That was before she ended up hospitalized because she went into pre term labor herself while helping me out. That time was shear craziness around our house!! We really enjoyed and appreciated having her here to help, though. At church I went from being Nursery Leader to Activity Days Leader. I am able to volunteer in Josh's 2 grade class and love it. I love being a Mom even with all the ups and downs!
Aaron continues to work as an Electrical Engineer up on base. He is involved with designing an amphibious assault vehicle for the Marines. He ran his first 5 K this summer and loved it. He believes he has the best calling at church as ward Membership Clerk. He loves spending time with family and between work and family he stays pretty busy.
A highlight of this year (besides adding Noah to our family) was we were able to take a vacation to Texas to visit Aaron's family in August. We had lots of fun visiting Grandma and Grandpa Mancil and the kids even learned how to swim in Aunt Jill's pool. It was a fun vacation and we have fun lasting memories from it.
I am glad to say we survived 2010, but I would be lying if I told I am not happy to see it end. We are hoping for a more calm and quiet 2011. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone!
Love,
The Mancils



3 comments:
You definitely had a super crazy year! I'm glad that things have settled down a little now & hope that you have a very merry Christmas!
I love reading your blog. I love that I'm not the only one with 5 fun and crazy kids. It's funny to see that you, Carmen, Kristie and I all ended up with 5 kids of all various personalities. Your family is beautiful and there are soooo many fun stories we could swap. Have a great Christmas. My kids are the best they have ever been this time of year. They are afraid Santa won't bring them gifts.
Emily
You DESERVE an extremely calm 2011 - I think you beat everyone else I know for craziness this year!
Post a Comment