Yesterday Aaron got tickets for him, Josh and Daniel to a BYU basketball game down in Provo. We did have enough tickets for our family to go a few weeks ago, but something came up and we couldn't make it. Unfortunately, between then and now the ticket prices had doubled so we could only afford to take the kids that would really appreciate the basketball game instead of the whole family. I stayed back home with Sarah, Matthew and Noah and Aaron took Josh and Daniel. Aaron decided to check Josh out of school an hour early and they all headed down to Provo decked out in their BYU shirts and hats. They stopped and grabbed some dinner and then headed over to BYU campus.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
The BYUers and Extreme Shopping
I was out shopping with Sarah, Noah and Daniel on Tuesday. We were at Hobby Lobby which, so happens, has A LOT of breakable stuff just sitting out on the shelves. Sarah and Daniel started playing the game "Chase Me" around all these breakable things. I kept telling them to stop. I lost track after the first 20 STOPS I said. I finally gave up and grabbed Sarah and put her in the cart to try and contain her. Wow, did she get MAD!! She started screaming so loud. It was so loud it scared Noah and he started crying because of Sarah's screaming. You could hear us from anywhere in the store. I guess it was pretty bad because a Hobby Lobby employee came over to us and handed me a handful of candy. She called them "self preservation" candy. I was a little embarrassed by my kids behavior, but very thankful for the self preservation candy. I gave Sarah some, but as soon as the "self preservation" candy ran out the screaming began again along with her trying to climb out of the cart. About this time I decided it was time for us to leave ASAP!! 
Later on I thought I would be brave and try another store. Things didn't turn out so well there either. I picked up a few things and was standing in line waiting to pay for them. It so happens I got in the line with the new employee who was in training and didn't know how to work the cash register. Holy cow, by the time she had rung all my stuff up, more than 6 people had checked out through the other line. Waiting for her to figure everything out and I paid, Sarah had worked herself up in to another screaming fit. After this tantrum I cut my losses, gave up and went home. I have a dream that someday shopping with my ONLY GIRL will be fun at some point!!
Yesterday Aaron got tickets for him, Josh and Daniel to a BYU basketball game down in Provo. We did have enough tickets for our family to go a few weeks ago, but something came up and we couldn't make it. Unfortunately, between then and now the ticket prices had doubled so we could only afford to take the kids that would really appreciate the basketball game instead of the whole family. I stayed back home with Sarah, Matthew and Noah and Aaron took Josh and Daniel. Aaron decided to check Josh out of school an hour early and they all headed down to Provo decked out in their BYU shirts and hats. They stopped and grabbed some dinner and then headed over to BYU campus.
They got to Provo early so Aaron walked around and showed them all of my and Aaron's special spots around campus that we hung out while we were dating. The kids didn't seem to care too much so Aaron gave up and headed over to the Marriott Center. They had some nosebleed seats, but that didn't deter Daniel too much.
Josh was not too excited about anything at this point. Josh was somewhat lethargic and just wanted to lay down. That's when Aaron felt his head and he was extremely hot all over. He had spiked a fever. Poor kid! He was fine when Aaron checked him out of school, but by the time they had gotten to the game, he was definitely sick. Luckily, Aaron asked the lady behind him if she happened to have some ibuprofen which she did. Aaron got that into Josh and by the time the game was over, Josh's fever was going down. In the pictures you can tell he doesn't feel very well.

During the first half of the game Daniel was crawling all over Aaron and playing with the kids sitting next to him. Aaron was getting tired of being wallered so he bought Daniel some cotton candy. Afterward Daniel was so busy eating the cotton candy he didn't even move or make a peep the rest of the game. Too bad Josh didn't feel good enough to enjoy the game much this time around. Aaron is convinced he will need to take Josh to another game when he feels better so he can really enjoy it. Anything for a chance to go to another game right?!?
Yesterday Aaron got tickets for him, Josh and Daniel to a BYU basketball game down in Provo. We did have enough tickets for our family to go a few weeks ago, but something came up and we couldn't make it. Unfortunately, between then and now the ticket prices had doubled so we could only afford to take the kids that would really appreciate the basketball game instead of the whole family. I stayed back home with Sarah, Matthew and Noah and Aaron took Josh and Daniel. Aaron decided to check Josh out of school an hour early and they all headed down to Provo decked out in their BYU shirts and hats. They stopped and grabbed some dinner and then headed over to BYU campus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I guess if I have to root for someone other than the Aggies, it might as well be the Cougs... Go Cougs! Love you guys! I'm sorry you weren't feeling good Josh - it is nice to know that you will have a good excuse to go again though! :)
Post a Comment