You know how many nights I slept in curlers growing up? A ton! I feel it is a right of passage that any little girl have to sleep in rollers at some point. I tried Sarah out in some rollers last night. She didn't mind too much. I was surprised she left them all in during the night.
However, I took them out this morning and now I don't know what to do with her new fro. Hmmmm--maybe rollers weren't a good idea for her....Love the silly face she is pulling. Maybe she doesn't like her new hairdo either.
Aaron thinks it looks funny and keeps teasing me about it all morning. Next time maybe I should try some bigger rollers so her hair won't be as....um....fro-ish?
Yesterday Aaron wanted to check out some books from the library. The boys wanted to get some books, too. When they got to the library Aaron asked if the boys could get their own library card and they could. Aaron was a little relieved since his card has a few overdue fines on it that he didn't want to add to. Anyway, Josh, Daniel and Matthew got their own cards. Josh has already lost his card this morning, but Matthew and Daniel still had theirs. They are keeping it in their treasure chests for safe keeping. Here's the boys showing their new cards (and yes I gave everyone haircuts yesterday):
The boys even got to write their own names on it. Daniel was fine with it until he realized he didn't have his last name on it. He came to Aaron in a panic once he realized that his card didn't have his last name on it. We reassured him that it would be ok and that he still would be able to check out books with it. Let me just say he wouldn't have had room to write his last name on it anyway since his first name took up the whole space.
Yesterday was such a beautiful day so we went outside to enjoy it. We did some geocaching and then stopped by a park to play. Sarah's brothers really watch out for her. Daniel just grabbed her hand and was helping her along even though no one asked him too. I love that!!
We weren't too successful in finding the geocaches yesterday, but the kids had fun playing at the park. Let me just say Josh absolutely refused to wear his coat even though it was still a little chilly outside. We tried to get him to wear it, but, as you can see, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, right?! In his defense he never did complain of being cold, though.
Daniel and Sarah wanted to swing, but there weren't enough swings open. They decided to share the baby swing with some help from Aaron. It was fun while they were swinging, but getting them out was not so much fun.
Matthew wanted me to get on the teeter totter with him. I obliged and once the kids saw us on it they all climbed on, too. Noah was just happy to be there and didn't mind all the bouncing. You really don't see many teeter totters anymore. That's a shame because they are lots of fun.
Daniel found the pole you slide down. Sarah wanted to do the same, but you had to make sure you were there to help her. She jumped whether or not anyone was there to catch her. Good thing we made it just in time for every jump!!
While we were there the kids loved going down the slides. Daniel kept telling saying, "Watch me, watch me, Mom!!" Of course that got old after a while and I didn't pay as close attention to him. When he went down the slide and saw I wasn't watching, he was upset. He yelled, "Mom I saw you not seeing me!!" I had to pay a little closer attention from then on so I wouldn't get reprimanded again. When we were done we raced back to the car. Matthew will be starting track and field with the Special Olympics in the spring so this is a good start. I brought up the rear because I was carrying Noah in the front pack and didn't want to give him shaken baby syndrome.
We put Noah in the cart for the first time the other day. Noah loves being in the cart instead of his car seat. My baby is getting so big!! Good thing for double seater carts. That way I can try to keep Sarah contained, too. Noting that TRY is the key word.
However, Noah hasn't been all smiles this week. He has been a little constipated. He was going on about 6 days without any relief so I gave him a little Mirilax to help things along. After the first dose didn't work I gave him another one about a day apart. When that one didn't work I gave him a third dose. We had success after success when all three doses must have all kicked in at the same time. I can't tell you how many outfits and diarrhea diapers we went through. At least now he is definitely NOT constipated anymore--that's for sure!!

1 comment:
hmmm... triple dose of miralax...yeah, I know all about that...except give it to a 4 yr old and do triple dose for about 3 days before it kicks in ... that is fun!!! :) You sure do have some cute kids!
Post a Comment