Sarah loves apples. She even ate a whole apple as part of her lunch a few days ago. Yesterday apples weren't on the menu for lunch. However, Sarah tried to remedy that. She got an apple and the apple slicer and tried to cut the apple. She was getting pretty frustrated because she couldn't get it to cut. About this time I noticed what she was doing.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
The Fridge Door Fell Off and Tantrum Riddled Story Time
I decided to try and take the kids to story time at the Library yesterday. Our last experience there about a year ago didn't turn out very well. Sarah ended up ripping a page out of a book in front of all the parents and throwing many tantrums and wandering off--all in all not a pleasant experience. Since it had been a while I thought we could try it again--even if I had an extra kid in the mix than I did last visit (Noah). When we got there Daniel sat down and participated. Sarah stood right in front of the book the librarian was trying to read. Every time I tried to grab her she would step just out of my grasp and then move back in front of the book when I sat back down. Of course Noah started getting fussy about now, too. After awhile she lost interest in the book that was being read and went over and started crawling on top of the children's furniture while I was trying to quiet Noah.
After that, she started wandering around pulling random books off the shelves. Then she found one of those rolling stepping stools. She was in heaven. She carried and rolled it all over the place. About this time Noah decided he was absolutely starving and refused to take a bottle. He was pretty mad. I stood up with him and tried bouncing him to stop the crying. Sarah followed me with her stool and then her shoe broke. Oh she was upset. Just the small strap broke so it was still wearable, but she HAD to have the strap fixed. My hands were full with Noah so I couldn't help her right away. She would hand me her shoe, but I couldn't do anything with it so I would set it down and she would SCREAM, pick it back up and hand me her shoe again. This fun screaming shoe cycle continued until she saw a little boy start crawling on HER rolling/stepping stool. She immediately tossed her broken shoe aside and headed over to defend her stool. She pushed the little boy away and crawled on top of the stool to mark her territory.
She stayed perched on top of the stool until the little boy wasn't a threat to playing on her stool anymore. Notice the pile of books on the floor along side her broken shoe? Yup, Sarah again. During this time Daniel was right in the middle of all the kids at story time so I couldn't easily grab him to come home. Unfortunately, I just had to wait until story time was over. I was completely worn out by the end of the 40 minute story time!! I think it will be another long while before we attempt story time again...
Sarah loves apples. She even ate a whole apple as part of her lunch a few days ago. Yesterday apples weren't on the menu for lunch. However, Sarah tried to remedy that. She got an apple and the apple slicer and tried to cut the apple. She was getting pretty frustrated because she couldn't get it to cut. About this time I noticed what she was doing.
(However, I have no idea what Daniel is doing in the background of the picture--just being is crazy self I suppose.) The reason why her apple wouldn't cut is because it was actually a tomato and it is now covered in bruises around the top of it. Poor tomato!!
Today I was getting lunch ready. I opened the fridge to get the lunch stuff out when the door just up and fell completely off the hinges while I was still gripping the handle. It spilled everything from the door all over the floor. REALLY?!--who has ever heard of a fridge door falling off?! About this time I saw the humor in my predicament. I tried to put the door back on and get it to stay on, but it was to no avail. You can get the door mostly on, but if you look at it the wrong way it falls back off. Let me just tell you that door is heavy!! I had to tip it over to see what held it in place and whatever held it in place was broken. Laughing at my problem I said, "Stupid door!" Now every time Sarah looks at the fridge she says, "Toopid!!" (I am just glad I didn't say anything a little stronger than stupid!!) I then called Aaron at work and could hardly stop laughing enough to tell him what had happened. I started out, "You will never believe what just happened. The fridge door just fell off hahahahahaha" He came home from work to see what he could do. He actually found the broken piece and looked it up on the Internet. He found a place that sold the same part and luckily it was only about $3. Unfortunately we need a working fridge RIGHT NOW so we had to ship the part overnight which added an additional $30 to the cost. Hopefully tomorrow sometime we will have a working fridge with a door that won't fall completely off every time you want to open it. Breakfast tomorrow morning should be fun.....
We did try to prank Josh and Matthew when they got home from school. We asked them to get something out of the fridge. When the door fell off after they opened it--their faces had the classic "Uh-Oh" look. After the door fell off in their hand we said, "WHAT DID YOU DO?" When they didn't have an answer we just burst into laughter. They didn't think it was as funny as Aaron and I did. "TOOPID DOOR!!"
Sarah loves apples. She even ate a whole apple as part of her lunch a few days ago. Yesterday apples weren't on the menu for lunch. However, Sarah tried to remedy that. She got an apple and the apple slicer and tried to cut the apple. She was getting pretty frustrated because she couldn't get it to cut. About this time I noticed what she was doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment