"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Loves Carrots and Noodles

At dinner today Sarah was downing the carrots. We were quite impressed that she would rather eat carrots than salad or lasagna. I was patting myself on the back about what a good eater she was until I found this after dinner:She was just stuffing the carrots in her drink. Oh well--what can you do?

The dinner conversation today centered around what the kids learned at church. When it was Daniel's turn to speak, he told us what he learned in primary, but then he brought up what he had been learning about in preschool as well. He said he was learning about the letter "W". I asked him what words started with "W". He said wasanya (lasagna). Josh corrected him and said, "Daniel, vasanya (lasagna) doesn't start with 'W' it starts with 'V'!" Aaron and I had a good laugh about that. Good thing he is still in speech therapy!!

At dinner we did find out Noah LOVES noodles. He would get them in his mouth and slurp them right up then scream for more. He must be my kid because he LOVES pasta as much as I and the rest of the kids do.

3 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

Yay Noah! Love those noodles!

Stacey said...

sounds like you got some smart kids on your hands.
My youngest Samantha I think is going to be a vegetarian. She dislikes hamburgers bad but she will sit there and eat a ton of vegetables. How often is it that you have to stop your kid from eating their vegetables LOL...

KiLee said...

Hopefully Josh's speech therapy goes better than mine! I still can't make some sounds right...but I can say lasagna! :)