Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Noah's 1st Cake
Yesterday morning I was sleeping in bed when I heard horrible screaming coming from downstairs. That woke me right up and I ran downstairs to see what was wrong. That's when I noticed the nice bouquet of balloons. Aaron had picked up a bouquet of balloons to celebrate Noah's birthday with. All the horrible screaming was coming from all the kids who were fighting over Noah's birthday balloons. The balloons were a surprise to me. Aaron had gotten up extra early that morning and ran to the store to get them before he went to work. When I say extra early that means really early because he has to be AT work by 6 am. It was a nice surprise for everyone and a sweet thing for Aaron to do. Aaron even got enough balloons to every kid could have their own. Noah really liked his birthday balloons, too:
For all the kids' first birthdays I make them their own cake to destroy/eat/smear. Here was Noah's first cake:
Noah didn't quite know what to do with it. I finally had to take his hand and smear it in the cake and then let him taste it.
From there he was hooked and made a pretty good mess. His favorite part seemed to be the frosting.
I also made another cake for everyone else to enjoy. The cake was even Daniel friendly so everyone got to enjoy it!
We invited G&G T up for cake and ice cream and were glad they both could join us. After letting Noah smear/destroy/eat his cake for a little while, we cleaned him off and let him open his presents. He of course had plenty of help from his over anxious siblings. He got a fun rattle.
He also got some clothes and a neat phone with lots of buttons to push. That phone quickly got taken away by Sarah who possessively played with it the rest of the night. I don't think anyone else got a turn after she got hold of it. Noah settled for the tissue paper to play with.
He also got a nice, new car seat. He isn't quite big enough to face forward yet, but he doesn't seem to mind. What a big boy!!
Now what to do with the infant car seat because we won't be needing it again....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How fun! I thought at first...boy that is a SHINY cake..is that cling wrap around it or is that metalic frosting...yeah it took me a minute to figure out the "1" was the cake and it was put on foil and you had decorated the foil. (Nothing gets past me!) Cute cake, Cute boy, Cute everyone! Love y'all!
Post a Comment