Thursday, April 28, 2011
Easter Egg Hunt, No More Hair, Sticky Peeps
Easter afternoon we went over to G&G T's house for the annual no holds bar Easter Egg hunt. The littlest kids got the first crack at the course. Sarah has now figured out the more eggs you get the better. When she saw the eggs on the ground she ran and got busy.
Sarah is getting some help from Grandma:
After Miles and Sarah got a turn, the other kids got their turn. Sarah still thought she needed to get more eggs even though her turn was over. However, Grandpa outsmarted her--every time she picked up an egg and put it in her bag, he would grab a few back out of her bag and spread them back out so she could pick up more to put in her bag. She was happy and didn't seem to notice she kept picking up the same eggs over and over again.
Matthew got into the excitement this year, too.
There were enough eggs for all the kids to get 15. Josh had to stop to count to see how many he had in his bag.
Here they are checking out their loot:
Easter morning the Easter Bunny had hidden the kids' baskets so they had to find them. Since Josh gets up at the crack of dawn and then wakes up Daniel they were mostly dressed for the day. However, we were in the process of doing laundry so they didn't have any shirts to wear down in their rooms. It didn't bother them to be shirtless as long as they were looking for their Easter baskets with CANDY!
Sarah didn't wake up too happy.
However, once she found her basket we didn't hear a peep from her until all her candy had run out. She sat and ate every piece in her basket so fast we didn't know it was mostly gone until it was too late.
Noah found his basket with some help from his brothers.
Then someone gave him some Peeps to munch on. What a mess. He loved them, but got them everywhere!!
Then when he was done juicifying the peeps he wanted to go and see what everyone else got. Here is his slimified sticky peeps trail he left behind while he was scooting along the floor:
We got him before he got too much farther, but what a mess!! I made Aaron clean that one up since he was the one who gave Noah the Peeps in the first place!!
I gave all the boys haircuts a few days ago. Sarah kept herself busy enjoying the lack of supervision while my attention was turned to giving everyone haircuts. She went out to the shed and started climbing on the bikes. Luckily she didn't follow in Daniel's footsteps and break her femur by falling off the bike and pulling it over on top of herself like he did at about her age. Sarah seems to have no fear and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
It's times like this that make me sad I drive a gas guzzling Suburban!! The pump automatically shuts off at $100.00 even if my tank wasn't full, yet. Ouch!
Aaron does not like long hair. He has been begging me to cut mine for years. However, I tried to make a deal with him--if he helped me lose the extra 20+ pounds I had gained ever since being pregnant with Sarah I would cut my hair. I made this deal with him after Sarah was born. Seeing as I have had another baby since then and I am still struggling with that same 20+ pounds I threw in the towel yesterday. I had also always wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love which is a foundation that provides wigs for children who have lost their hair undergoing cancer treatments. I finally gave up on losing the weight before I cut my hair and decided it was time to chop it off. Aaron even made the appointment for me so how could I not? Here I am with the long hair before I went in:
Here's my ponytail they chopped off. It ended up being 13+ inches long--sniff.
Here's the after A-line/bob cut: It feels so strange to not have any hair on my neck anymore!! I even got my hair highlighted with some red streaks. However, I am hoping that after I wash my hair I will be able to do it. If I can't I will be in trouble because it is too short to even pull back in a ponytail. Wish me luck!!
Sarah has really been into imitating us lately. She loves to have her toy sunglasses, keys and toy cell phone every time she goes to get into the car. She even attempted mopping when she found the mop and bucket unattended for a few minutes. What a funny girl!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LOVE your hair cute. You look super cute with short hair. :)
I just can't get over how much I love your cut & how cute it looks on you! My sister Lexi just had 14 inches cut off - but her hair was clear past her butt, so it's still down past her shoulder blades. I can't wear short hair & I don't like super long hair, so I guess I'm just stuck!!
Also, I love the peeps trail - what a cutie!! I think all your kids are adorable! :)
Post a Comment