"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Josh's Baptism, 1st Chocolate and My Broken Foot

Josh got baptized this weekend. I still can't believe he is 8 let alone baptized!! Here is the lucky couple in white right before the program started:The program was very nice. Josh shared his baptismal program with one other little boy. We were able to split the program up between both our families. We were so glad Aunt Jill could give the talk on the Holy Ghost and that both Grandpas could be the witnesses to the baptism. I also got to spotlight Josh to let everyone get to know him a little better. I was glad Aaron was able to baptize him. It is such a blessing for him to do that! After the baptism and his confirmation we had a BBQ luncheon at our house to celebrate. That afternoon Aaron and I gave Josh his very own set of scriptures with a case. He was excited to finally get his own set of scriptures. He took them to bed with him and read those for his bedtime story: It was a very nice day. We were lucky enough to celebrate it with family even if they couldn't stay with us for this visit--maybe next time.

Thursday I was messing around with the kids and kicked my foot wrong. I knew immediately afterward something was wrong because it was quite painful. I was hoping it would go away if I rested it for a little bit, but I wasn't so lucky. I went in to the Instacare and got it X-rayed only to find that was indeed broken. I chipped a piece of bone off of the side of my right foot--Ouch!! It wasn't too bad of a break, but it does hurt. Hopefully it will heal quickly. Until it does heal I get to wear this super sexy big black boot. I know you are jealous and all want one. However, it takes special skills to get one--skills that I only appear to have. It will be a long month of wearing this awesome boot that's for sure!! I am glad that it isn't a cast, though!! That is one positive thing about wearing this boot!

Noah got his first taste of chocolate today. He got a hold of a Hershey kiss and loved it. He spread that everywhere. He got it all over his legs, arms, face and even on the carpet. That was even with me sitting close by him trying to wipe up the chocolate slobber as he ate. I obviously didn't do a very good job with that because it still got everywhere. In the picture you can see me trying to scrub it out of the carpet. I think it is safe to say he really likes chocolate!!

2 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

I'm so excited that I got to be here for your baptism Josh! I'm so proud of you.

KiLee said...

That is one sexy boot! I hope it heals quickly & isn't a problem for you!!
Also, I just can't believe that Josh is eight. Where did the time go?