"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies, Crawling, Cleaning

Yesterday we had the great opportunity to clean the church as a family. Aaron had signed us up for the spot about a month ago. I must admit I was not happy about it and when we first went it showed in my attitude. I thought, "We can't even handle our kids during church how are we going to clean the church with them?!?" My kids changed my attitude when we got there. They were so excited to help clean the church and their attitude finally rubbed off on me. I also must say it took us twice as long because whatever the kids did Aaron and I had to redo, oh I mean recheck, but it was a good experience for everyone. However, I am not in a big hurry to sign up to do it again, though. Now if we could only get the kids that excited to clean up at home....maybe I just need to buy a super industrial strength double wide vacuum for home...and hope no small children get sucked up in it.

Sarah loves her new flip flops, but she can't seem to figure out how consistently put them on the right feet or even the right way for that matter. She even has a hard time finding a matched pair as well. Here's a few of the ways I have caught her wearing the flip flops: That just looks uncomfortable!!Speaking of flip flops, I slipped Matthew's on yesterday to go and pick up the kids from school and they fit me. They actually fit me as in they weren't too big or too small, but fit me. Wow, he is getting big!! That also gives me more options of footwear if I want to wear some pretty cool skechers that light up--hmmm tempting ;).



The other day I was changing Noah's diaper when Daniel walked by and commented on what he saw. He said, "Ewww that looks like a pumpkin cookie, Mom!" I reluctantly had to agree with him. So now whenever anyone is stinky, we refer to them as having some fresh from the oven pumpkin cookies for anyone willing to change them! Y-U-M-M-Y!!


Noah finally started crawling the last couple of days. However, if he needs to get somewhere fast he reverts to army crawling or if he has to get somewhere REALLY fast he rolls. Here is a video of him crawling:


1 comment:

KiLee said...

I can't believe that Matthew is that big!! At least he's not trying to wear your shoes!! Ryker is big into putting on my - much to Nate's dismay! :)