"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daylight Savings

Daylight Savings is a good thing and a bad thing. I love that it is lighter later. I hate that because it is lighter later, the boys stay awake longer to tease and beat each other up at bedtime. I can't tell you how many fights I have had to break up the past few nights. We are starting to think about switching up the sleeping arrangements in the near future.

Today I got to see how far a small piece of styrofoam could be spread throughout my house. I was downstairs and didn't see Josh and Daniel get a hold of it until after the damage had been done. It was so bad that when Matthew, who is the most unobservant child, walked inside after getting off the bus he asked me what had happened in here. The picture doesn't even do it justice because you can only see the big specks not all the teeny ones that are EVERYWHERE. There are specks on all three floors. This all happened in the space of 20 minutes. Why can't they work that fast at getting ready in the morning?

Sarah is a girl who knows what she wants or doesn't want, when she wants it and she'll definitely tell you either way. She is absolutely REFUSING solid food. She took it for a few days and now whenever she feels the spoon on her lips she clamps her lips very tightly closed. None of my other kids ever had this problem. I have been reading online--not the most reliable source of info I know--but I am glad to know she is not the only one. I guess we will keep trying. She has got to take it eventually...hopefully. I don't want to be one of those Le Leche League members that feeds their kids into the teenage years....

No comments: