"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, March 29, 2009

All Your Saturdays are Over

This weekend was pretty boring all in all. Saturday we opted not to go to Matthew and Josh's soccer game for a couple reasons which were they were having a rather difficult day behavior wise and it was very cold outside with the icy wind blowing. I have decided that AYSO instead of standing for American Youth Soccer Organization it stands for All Your Saturdays are Over because every game is on a Saturday at various times throughout the day. I don't feel too bad because they have seven more weeks of Saturday games to attend. Instead Aaron got some more of the Honey Do list done such as putting fluorescent lights in the garage, painting the fence, playhouse and his new trailer. He even took the trailer on the maiden voyage with no mishaps--meaning it was still attached to the van and both were in one piece when he got back home. We are excited to pick up some nutramulch and tiller next week to start our garden. I almost taste the fresh tomatoes yummy--now if it would just stop snowing.

Today in primary I got to help out in Matthew's class. While in senior sharing time they gave the kids a reward for learning the songs so well. It was ice cream and cake. I told the Primary President that Daniel couldn't have any when the Junior Primary came in. Luckily I had a half a bag of skittles in my purse that I got so he could at least get a treat. I guess when the time came they got confused as to which one had the allergies--Josh or Daniel. They just played it safe and neither one got cake or ice cream. They both got skittles. I am really glad they were very cautious. I would rather have it that way than the other, however, Josh would have liked some ice cream--oh well, maybe next time. We have been really blessed by living where we do. Our ward really has worked with my kids' different special needs and it has been great. They can really roll with the punches Matthew gives them in Primary and for that I am very thankful!! Our ward has also really worked with Daniel's allergies. We even get Daniel friendly bread for the sacrament. It is really nice to live around such considerate people. THANK-YOU!

No comments: