"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, August 24, 2009

Back To School

Well school started this morning. It was a pretty hectic morning, but we made it. Matthew (3rd grade) got on the right bus that came on time and it also made it to the right school--three pluses in my book. I dropped Josh (1st grade) off and his friend Brayden took him to the right class--at least I hope so. Matthew's school instead of a back to school night they had a back to school morning which was this morning. I went and of course my sidekicks Daniel and Sarah tagged along as well. We had not been in Matthew's class for more than 5 minutes when Sarah filled her diaper with supreme stinkiness. Unfortunately, the back to school morning took another hour to finish up in which we were all suffering from its stinkiness. Oh well, what can you do? I didn't think it would take that long or else I would have changed her. Anyway, at least Matthew made it to class even though his backpack didn't. I hope they find it--I think it got left on the bus. One of Matthew's classmates never made it to class even though his Mom sent him on the bus. They were trying to find his whereabouts as I was leaving. I guess everyone has a rough first days of school even bus drivers who take kids to the wrong school. I told myself I won't complain about Matthew's backpack after hearing that. At least Matthew wasn't lost just his backpack which happened to contain all his personal information and medication--hope they find it soon.

2 comments:

Cami said...

You should have left your younger two with me! We're always up and at 'em early!

Unknown said...

Would it help you if I picked up Josh after school??? I would be glad to bring him home for you, if it would help! =) You are such a good mom!