"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Fair

We took the kids to the Fair yesterday. I was pretty lazy this year and didn't enter anything. I will try to enter some stuff next year, however. The kids had fun looking at all the displays. They even had a creepy crawly tent where you could hold a Tarantula, scorpion and some huge Cockroaches. Josh was willing to hold things, but Daniel ran away anytime I even suggested it. Matthew was pretty willing to hold the huge spider as well which I found very surprising. They all got pony rides. All of them loved it except Sarah. She screamed the whole time she was on the pony. They had a petting zoo with goats, cows, buffalo, and pigs that Josh loved. Daniel and Matthew were not as enthused. Aaron and I were reminiscing about this particular time last year. I was walking around the Fair hoping to start any signs of labor. When that didn't work Aaron finally talked me into taking some Castor Oil. He went to go pick it up from the pharmacy and asked the Pharmacist what the dosing was to induce labor. The Pharmacist just looked at Aaron and said he was not going to help him in any way with that. I guess we seemed to have figured out the right dosage and then some...Sarah turns 1 tomorrow!!

No comments: