"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, August 17, 2009

Sarah's Party

We had a family party with G&G T for Sarah yesterday. She had some pasta for dinner then on to the yummy cake. Her 1 year destroy cake was a ladybug and she LOVED it. At first she was a little timid about touching it until she tasted it. Then she tore into it and ate about half before she really needed a shower. I tried to make some Daniel friendly peach soy ice cream, but my ice cream freezer didn't work so instead we had peach smoothies with our cake. She got some cute clothes, a tutu with some pajamas, a purse, a doll and a glow worm. I wrapped the presents knowing that she would need some "help" in opening them. When I just mentioned this to the boys about her needing some help, those presents were opened faster than I could say Happy Birthday. Good thing Sarah is pretty oblivious to what's going on right now. The boys also had to help blow out her candles, only each of them had to have their own candle to blow out. So no Sarah is not 4, but needed four candles on her cake to keep the boys from fighting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cakes and the cake all over her face.

Unknown said...

I love the cake pics. I don't know why, but I have lots of pics of my kids like that. It's so fun!! That was a cute cake too, did you decorate it??

Rebecca said...

Yes I did. I like to experiment. Some look better than others, but that's how it goes right?!?