"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Honey Do List Just Shrunk a Little

It is hard for me to let the weekends go by without doing something fun. The unfortunate thing about this is that a lot of stuff around the house gets procrastinated. Anything that doesn't need to be done gets put off. Finally yesterday the honey do list was way too long so Aaron got started. He replaced the brakes in the van, he mowed, weed eated, fixed the sprinklers, fixed the toilet, found and tried to get rid of a huge beehive in our garden and finally my favorite hung some cabinets in my laundry room. We found an outstanding deal on some cabinets and bought them. We finally got around to installing them yesterday. Now my laundry room looks a little more organized--except for the layer of dirty clothes on the floor. I need to touch up the paint in there now, but it was so worth it.
Now if anyone has some helpful advice on how to get rid of a huge beehive in the ground of our backyard, please share. We have tried a whole can of wasp spray, but it didn't even phase them. I don't know if they are honey bees or not (I know they aren't wasps or hornets), but whenever anyone walks by the hive they swarm. Daniel hasn't been stung yet, but I don't want to find out if he, or anyone else, is allergic to them if I don't have to.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your laundry room! It looks great! I'm with you....fun things first! Good luck with the beehive, I have no idea...maybe google it.

Anonymous said...

Love the cabinets. Where did you get them? I need some for mine. On a side note...Matthew invited the whole primary over to your house for his birthday this week. =) Kind of funny.

Rebecca said...

We got them at Lowes in Clinton. We were there yesterday and they still had them.

Stacey said...

Looks nice! I know that you need to spray them after dusk because that is when they are "sleeping" then you need to get rid of the hive or they will come back! Good luck! My Dakota is Allergic to them too.