A funny side note is when Josh met his piano teacher for the first time--she is only 17--he walked in and immediately asked her where her kids were. She said she didn't have any kids and Josh asked her why not. She said she wasn't married yet. About that time I closed the door and let them get started. I can just imagine how the rest of their conversation went...
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
A Couple of Firsts
Let me start out with Sarah. She finally said her first purposeful word today--it only took 14 months!!! She was walking along the wall and fell over then said, "Uh-Oh". Yay! It is good to hear that because I was starting to get a little worried. Of course I can't get her to say it again, but it's a start.
In other firsts Matthew and Josh started piano lessons yesterday. One of my old young women girls is teaching piano and agreed to take on Matthew and Josh. Josh had given up on karate and quit a couple weeks ago. He gave it a good 4 months before he decided karate was not his thing so I guess that was a good try. Daniel is still involved in karate and loves it, though. Personally, I think it's important for kids to be involved in at least one extracurricular activity so Josh is trying out piano. Josh enjoyed his first lesson yesterday so I am keeping my fingers crossed. As for Matthew when he turned 8 we were excited to get him started into the Special Olympics. When we contacted the Special Olympics we found out there is a waiting list to get into the events. What?!? A waiting list for S.O. who would have thought? So as for now Matthew's name is on the waiting list and we are just waiting to hear when it will be his turn. In the mean time he will be trying out piano. I just hope the teacher and Matthew have fun and that Matthew learns something. Matthew seemed to enjoy his first lesson, his teacher on the other hand seemed a little flustered when I came and picked him up. I guess we will see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm tellin' ya....stubborn, stubborn, stubborn. That is what the "S" stands for in "Sarah"! She is going to do things on her own terms and in her own way!
I can't believe how big Sarah is getting - she is a cutie!
I also can't believe there's a waiting list for the Special Olympics! I thought that was open for all, all of the time. Good luck with that.
Josh reminds me of me. I am sure he knows his teacher's blood type by now. I hope he is more coordinated than me however. Matthew will win her heart before it's over.
Sarah will talk when she has something to say.
Post a Comment