"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving and Funny Conversations

We finally got around to carving our pumpkins. The boys drew the faces they wanted on paper and I did my best to try and replicate them on the pumpkins. They aren't perfect, but the boys were happy with them so that's all that matters. I just hope they last until Halloween because I couldn't find the Vaseline to coat the cut edges in to keep them from drying out. We might have some shriveled pumpkins come Saturday. Now we get to enjoy some roasted pumpkin seeds--YUM! While I cleaning up today I was listening to Josh and Daniel's conversation. It went something like this:
Josh: When I grow up I want a dog, a cat, a fish and a bird. I also want 10 kids.

Daniel: Wow Josh, if you have 10 boys we can play freeze tag or hide and seek. Cool.

I guess we'll wait and see what Josh's wife thinks about all that. Who knows maybe she will think 10 boys and freeze tag is really cool.

No comments: