In other things I must say honesty is not always the best policy. Yesterday right after dinner I was sitting back in my chair resting my arms on my baby belly. That's when Josh exclaimed, "WOW, Mom! Your baby has sure grown a lot! (aka Wow, Mom, you're FAT!)" Aaron trying to help my self esteem whispered to Josh something like that's not very nice. Also lately, we have been really stressing the importance of being honest since we have had a few problems with that lately--like no one fesses up to the huge messes or the punching of the brothers, etc. After Aaron told Josh that what he said wasn't very nice he then told Josh to tell me how skinny and pretty I was. Josh just looked at Aaron like, "Are you kidding? Is this a trick question?" I guess that gave me my answer as to what I really look like. Oh sigh--I can't wait until I can start losing the weight instead of gaining it!! Kids can be too honest at the times when you need them to not be so brutally honest.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
We Took the Plunge
We finally did it. We bought the new "pre-owned" car. Now everyone can fit comfortably. The only downside is that it has doors that swing wide open unlike the van doors that slid open. We have gotten some nice door dings so far on Aaron's car from the kids bashing the doors open. I guess it will see a lot more wear and tear as the years go on. We plan on having this for a very LONG time. It has also required some serious maneuvering skills since it doesn't fit in the garage very easily along side Aaron's car. This is the view from our family room door into the garage:
As you can see it is a pretty tight fit. It also is pretty hard to park in a parking lot. I will be looking for the pull through spots from now on I guess. When we were looking at the suburbans the salesmen kept referring to it as the big rig or the people hauler. Great. Oh well I guess if you need it, you need it right?!?
In other things I must say honesty is not always the best policy. Yesterday right after dinner I was sitting back in my chair resting my arms on my baby belly. That's when Josh exclaimed, "WOW, Mom! Your baby has sure grown a lot! (aka Wow, Mom, you're FAT!)" Aaron trying to help my self esteem whispered to Josh something like that's not very nice. Also lately, we have been really stressing the importance of being honest since we have had a few problems with that lately--like no one fesses up to the huge messes or the punching of the brothers, etc. After Aaron told Josh that what he said wasn't very nice he then told Josh to tell me how skinny and pretty I was. Josh just looked at Aaron like, "Are you kidding? Is this a trick question?" I guess that gave me my answer as to what I really look like. Oh sigh--I can't wait until I can start losing the weight instead of gaining it!! Kids can be too honest at the times when you need them to not be so brutally honest.
In other things I must say honesty is not always the best policy. Yesterday right after dinner I was sitting back in my chair resting my arms on my baby belly. That's when Josh exclaimed, "WOW, Mom! Your baby has sure grown a lot! (aka Wow, Mom, you're FAT!)" Aaron trying to help my self esteem whispered to Josh something like that's not very nice. Also lately, we have been really stressing the importance of being honest since we have had a few problems with that lately--like no one fesses up to the huge messes or the punching of the brothers, etc. After Aaron told Josh that what he said wasn't very nice he then told Josh to tell me how skinny and pretty I was. Josh just looked at Aaron like, "Are you kidding? Is this a trick question?" I guess that gave me my answer as to what I really look like. Oh sigh--I can't wait until I can start losing the weight instead of gaining it!! Kids can be too honest at the times when you need them to not be so brutally honest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Maroon! Whoop! Your inner Aggie (Texas A&M that is...) is coming out!
Post a Comment