"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter/Birthday Party

The end of March all within four days of each other there is my birthday, my sister's birthday and my Dad's birthday. They most always come within a week of Easter as well so we celebrated everything Saturday. The kids mostly look forward to the Easter Egg hunt. G&G T hide Easter eggs all over. There are three different levels, easy for the smaller kids, medium for the older kids, and hard for the adults. Sarah even figured things out and was picking eggs up. I was lucky because I got a third trimester pregnancy handicap during the adult egg hunt. I was allowed a 3 second head start so I wouldn't be trampled by the brother and brother-in-law. Being in my third trimester I don't move very fast so Aaron thinks I wasted my 3 second lead--but hey try moving fast down some stairs way off balance and bending over to pick up eggs while supporting a basketball around your midsection is not easy. Before the Egg hunt we had a yummy dinner of pork burritos and birthday cake which made me even more sluggish. We all had a good time, though. Grandpa T got into it so much he lost a lens in his glasses and didn't even know where or what time it had fallen out.

No comments: