"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Still Kickin'

Wow what a week. This week I have been really busy so this will be a post of random things we have been doing. Aaron's sister, Jill, has been staying with us this week and she can't have a visit with us without helping me out on some huge project. I have been in denial about the impending birth of this baby and have put off getting everything ready like getting the baby clothes out, the bedding, etc. She came and helped me get everything ready and set up so I am ready for when this kid comes--which by the way will be sooner than later with only 6 weeks left at the most. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and he is measuring about 4 pounds right now and I am only 31 weeks along. I hope this baby won't be gigantic like Josh was! Anyway, since we have had guests we moved all the boys together into one room. That wasn't working out as well as we had hoped. They would just tease and fight and not get to sleep until really late every night. We decided this was just a taste of what was to come after the baby would arrive and cause the room switch up. To help settle things we decided to clean out our storage room in the basement and make that Matthew's new room. He just does a lot better if he does not share a room with anyone because he can be quite a tease and that was causing a few fights. Clearing out that storage room and the other cold storage area was quite a task. I feel like I have kept Deseret Industries and the landfill in business single handedly. So far I have made 6 trips to DI with a suburban full of stuff (this is also with all the seats down so all the stuff was really packed inside). I still have at least one more maybe two more trips to DI with more stuff I really don't need. As for the landfill I have to wait until the weekend so Aaron can take all the stuff in the truck during their open hours. All in all we have packed up over 100 trash bags full of just stuff whether it's for DI or the landfill--can you say hoarder? At least now their are two bedrooms downstairs and three upstairs (with one of them being Aaron's and mine) so hopefully only one set of kids will have to share a room and we haven't decided who that will be yet. Jill helped me with all of it also including clearing out my bedroom closet which was a catch all room for everything else. We also cleared out my craft closet so now everything in my house is super organized and I love it. It was hard work and most nights we didn't get to bed until 2 or 3 am, but I feel like it was worth it. Jill was probably glad to finally go home yesterday, but she really helped me out while she was here--THANKS! I will post pictures when we have completed all the finishing touches. Now I can go back into denial about the new baby until he gets here...;)

1 comment:

Jeff n Jill said...

I enjoyed being there, seeing y'all and the kids, and helping out. I will admit that it was nice to sleep in today (11:15am - but I didnt get home from the airport until 1 am...) and not hear any little feet stomping around! (Although I think my time is limited on both of those!) Love you and miss you! Hope to see you soon...make sure you don't have this little boy in the basement...I put a lot of hardwork into cleaning it up! :)