For Mother's Day I ended up taking four kids to church with me alone (Matthew, Josh, Daniel, and Sarah). Boy, the people behind me in the chapel sure got a comedy show while watching me trying to keep them all quiet. I stayed because I wanted to see the boys sing their Mother's Day songs in sacrament meeting. I love watching them up and stage waving and excited to be up there. However, I was exhausted by the end of sacrament meeting, though. Wrestling with all four kids is not too easy--I can't wait until Noah will be thrown into the mix...Anyway, when we got home we all had some quiet time and then Aaron fixed me dinner which was a nice treat. He also had thought ahead and with the kids help picked out and ordered me a special Mother's Day cake which was sweet. He also let the boys pick out a small present for me from down the candy aisle--and no I didn't share :). It was a good Mother's Day.
However, later on it got a little bit scary after I got a call from my sister-in-law Jill who was having quite a few contractions that they couldn't stop. They ended up transferring her from antepartum over to labor and delivery to watch her very closely. They threw everything at her they could to try and stop the contractions coming about every 3-5 minutes apart throughout the night. After a long and exhausting night they finally stopped/slowed this morning. Unfortunately, she will be spending the next 48 hours over in labor and delivery for close observation because she has progressed a little more than where she was at two weeks ago. She is only 27 weeks and 5 days pregnant which is pretty early for her baby to come. We are hoping and praying things will settle down and she will go back to having a long BORING hospital stay instead of this preterm labor thing. I guess her little girl wanted to meet her Mom for Mother's day, but we are hoping she waits for a lot longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment