"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Price of Beauty

The other morning things got a little too quiet and that usually isn't a very good sign. The silence was then broken by screaming from Sarah. I waited a little bit to see if the screams would die down, but she continued to scream so I went to see what the problem was. I found her perched on my sink with my noxema bottle opened and it smeared all over her clothes, neck, hands, hair, mouth, nose and eyes. I then looked around some more and saw where she had smeared it all over my mirror, bathroom counter and sink. AWESOME!! She was screaming because she had gotten it in her eyes and I am sure it must have burned. I undressed her and threw her in the shower (her second one for the day). She has seen me wash my face with it so I guess she wanted to try it out for herself, too. It must have really hurt because her eyes stayed red for a few days afterward.Lately Sarah has been really into shoes. She has had some interesting combinations on such as a snow boot on one foot with a church shoe on the other. She loves to try on everyone's shoes. G&G M went to the store and found her some princess shoes. She tried them on and LOVES them. She loves to wear them on the hard floor in the kitchen and living room because she likes to hear them click as she walks. I love having a girly girl!

1 comment:

KiLee said...

She is just so adorable!! I love the shoes! Kita stills loves to walk around in her princess shoes. Girly girls are a lot of fun!