"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Soup's On!

Yesterday I was at my wits end so when Aaron came home from work I handed off the kids and went upstairs to take a bath absolutely and completely ALONE with no interruption!! It had just been one of those days. Anyway I was up there for about an hour when Aaron came in the bathroom holding Sarah by her arm and turned on the shower. I was about to remind him of the no interruption part when he quickly explained the need for Sarah to take a shower. She must have been craving soup because she went and got one of my measuring cups and took it upstairs. She then started scooping some "soup" out of the boys' bathroom toilet and was slurping it right down. I don't want to go into details, but there was some special seasoning inside the bowl if ya know what I mean. ICKY!!!! We threw the measuring cup in the trash and she took a good long shower. Too bad you can't SCRUB her mouth out. I will be thinking twice before I ever share any of my food with her again. I have never seen a kid so fascinated with a toilet like her. I have stressed to the boys to keep the door closed, but the "NOT ME" ghost keeps leaving it open. I really need to track down this "NOT ME" ghost and have a talk with him.

Well I do know Daniel is still allergic to milk. Sarah pounded her sippy cup of cow's milk on Daniel's head spilling a few drops on him. Daniel started to get really upset when I told him don't worry about it. He came back about five minutes later and his eye was almost swollen shut. I hate to give him Benadryl because he turns into Chuckles because it makes him so tired and ornery, but he needed it. I did contemplate anaphylatic shock versus Chuckles and it was a little bit of a hard decision, but the Benadryl (Chuckles) won out. Maybe some day he will get over this milk allergy!
Noah has become even more grabby than ever. He HATES his oxygen tubing and pulls it out of his nose every chance he gets. Most the time he pulls it down into his mouth which makes him root around only to find nothing. That makes him very mad and scream. Hopefully we can get him off it soon. I need to make the appointment for next week for his room air challenge. It's where they take him off the oxygen and look at his oxygen saturation. Hopefully he has matured enough he won't need it anymore. He has decided that breathing for the most part is a good thing. He hasn't stopped breathing and set off the apnea monitor for 5 days so he's doing pretty well. Hopefully we can get him off everything next week. Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments: