"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl, Washing Bakugans and Miracles

We let the kids stay up for a bit to watch part of the Superbowl with us. To make our Superbowl party complete we had hot wings, mozzarella sticks, pizza, chips and guacamole. Everyone was excited to watch except Matthew who would rather listen to his CDs. Sarah loved dipping the chips in the guacamole and eating them. Actually, I think she just really liked the guacamole because she smeared a whole bunch all over her pizza while we weren't looking. Yummy. All I can say is thank goodness for DVRs!! We didn't even reach half time until about 7:30 pm even though the game started at 4:30 pm. We had to keep pausing the game to attend to all the kids' needs. We finally had to put them to bed around 8:15 because by the rate we were going it would have been midnight be the time we would have finished. After the kids went to bed it only took about an hour and a half for just me and Aaron to finish the second half of the game.
In other happenings Daniel got a Bakugan for Christmas with some action cards that go with it. I picked it up to put it away this afternoon and it was soaking wet. I asked Daniel why it was wet and he said it was because he washed it. He said it was on the floor so therefore it was dirty and so it needed to be washed. The Bakugan action card just happens to be PAPER so I don't it fared too well. At least it's clean, though--right--even if it is falling apart from being washed....Will wonders never cease. Lately I have been quite dehydrated so my milk supply hasn't been as plentiful. Noah has been thirsty and was not being satisfied so I pulled out a bottle. Low and behold he actual took part of it!! Wow, never thought I would see the day. However, it makes me a little sad because my nursing days are coming to an end. It is sad to think I will never nurse another baby ever again :(. My baby is getting too big too fast!! Noah is sitting up and rolling around really well. He hasn't done much scooting, though. However, I think he may just skip scooting and move straight to crawling because this is what he has been doing a lot of the past few days:
Again...he is getting so big so fast!!
Sarah has started doing a lot of pretend play lately. Today she was taking care of Montee (Monkey). He is her baby and she likes to take him wherever she goes. Today she went and got a poon (spoon) from the real kitchen drawer and mixed up some pretend cereal in a cup to feed him with. Afterward, by the time I got to the camera, she was finishing off his meal with a drink. What a good mom! Then I saw her get her stethoscope out and listen to Montee's chest. She did that on her own with no help or suggestion from me or anyone else. I was impressed she knew what to do with it. All those doctor's visits the kids have had haven't been in vain--she actually learned something from them. Then again, she may want to be a nurse like her momma :). Even with all the craziness and mayhem our kids put us through, it is times like this that make everything worth it: Kid loves and snuggles are the best!!

2 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

Yay Noah! He is so big & strong. Love Sarah & her Montee! You have such cuties!

Johanna said...

I have not been on blogs for a long time, so I just got caught up. You have been busy. Kudos for the homemade soy milk. That is so awesome! I would just put down an NG if Daniel still doesn't drink it and make him do it anyway.
Thanks again for changing plans around to come to the baptism.