"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birthday Playgroup

Today was playgroup and since Daniel's birthday is soon enough next week we had a mini birthday party. I love kids at this age. They are excited to do most anything. We had some vegan cupcakes and played some games. I actually found a good vegan recipe that you can't even tell it's without eggs or milk. The kids liked them as well since each of them had two. They all sang Happy Birthday and then everyone got to blow out their own candle. We then played outside for a little bit because it was a beautiful day.
In other news I started a tatting class Monday night. Tatting is kind of like crocheting, but instead of looping it together you tie tiny knots. It looks like lace. It did not come easy for me. I am supposed to practice this week, but I can't seem to remember how to do it. Maybe I can claim new Momnesia. Hopefully I can remember by next class time!
Sarah has found her thumb a few more times. I am trying to stop it, but she is fast!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie had a great time. She was very excited about the bubbles & bugs in the goody bag. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on learning to tat! That was funny, "new momnesia"! Cute! I think there might be some free tatting vids on You Tube that might help jar your memory if you're interested. I think you can just put "tatting" in their search. Good luck!

Melanie said...

Carter had so much fun. The suckers were gone before we even got home and when he saw the turtles he said, "Mom, I just love these. They are so funny."

Koch Clan said...

Sibley is happiest with a cupcake. Thanks for doing this. The goody bag was perfect.