"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Funny Kids

Saturday Aaron got to coach Josh's soccer team. It was funny to watch him play crab soccer. He does the crab crawl while the kids try and get the ball past him into the goal. It must have been harder than it looked because he didn't do it for very long. Josh's team unfortunately lost quite badly, but they had fun doing it. We ended up skipping Matthew's soccer game so we could go to Grandma Terry's birthday party. The kids loved singing Happy Birthday and 'helping'--if you can call it that--her blow out her candles and open her presents. We had a yummy BBQ with hot dogs and lots of other yummy things. The kids had fun playing with the cousins.

Today at church Aaron ran into Matthew and Josh's PE teacher at school who happens to be in our ward. Since Matthew is a man of few words and we haven't met with his teacher yet, we don't know what goes on in that black void they call school. She was able to tell Aaron that Matthew is doing well. She even said she enjoyed him in class and that the aid that helps him really loves him and mothers him. He attends PE with the regular ed class and that it seemed the kids know him and help him. That brought me some comfort because I really wonder and worry about what happens at school. I just hope he is doing as well in his learning center classroom.

After church Aaron brought the kids home and got them out of the van. Josh ran into the driveway to pick up the Sunday papers when he saw our neighbors--who are not members--outside doing some yard work. Josh brought it upon himself to bring them to repentance by yelling, "HEY! IT'S CHURCH DAY!!" These neighbors I have never met and Aaron has only talked to them once or twice. I am sure they will want to get to know us better now--just joking.

The other day I was getting things ready to give Sarah a bath. She has a little bit of cradle cap so before her bath I grabbed the olive oil and rubbed some into her scalp. Daniel was watching me and became alarmed when I got the oil out of the pantry and poured it on Sarah's head. He said, "Mom, don't eat baby Sarah!!" He was quite concerned.

We have put in a request for the 911 tape of Sarah's birth. It should be ready tomorrow so if we can figure it out and there aren't too many expletives we might post it. I am curious to hear everything because I was a little busy during the original call :).

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I hope you didn't eat Sarah! Kids say such funny things...I love to listen to Carter when he doesn't know I'm listening because he has quite the imagination. Daniel was so cute in nursery. He kept looking at Ellie during singing time like he was serenading her.

Anonymous said...

That is really funny about what Daniel said. He is so cute. Derek told me that Matthew & some other kids go to PE & Library with his class. He thought that was good because now he gets to see Matthew at school.

Unknown said...

Well, I don't know about school, but Josh is always good in my primary class! He is so cute. I love all the things they come up with, it's so funny.