"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Health Insurance is a Good Thing

We just got our bill for the ambulance ride for when Sarah was born. They counted Sarah and I as two different patients thus we have two separate bills for over $1000 a piece. I wonder if a limo would have been cheaper :). That's one expensive 5 minute transport considering they didn't have to do anything for me and only had to give Sarah a little oxygen. We were hoping for a cut of the insurance for Aaron delivering the baby--just joking of course--but we aren't so lucky. The doctor still gets paid for the delivery whether he's there or not. I am just glad we have good health insurance!!!

Happy one month birthday to Sarah. It is surprising how fast time goes!! The kids still just love her. She is quite spoiled and loves to be held. She cries any time you put her down. We got a front pack, but she hates it. I guess I will get some strong arms!!

I cut everyone's hair today as well so that's why the boys look like they belong in the military. That way I don't have to comb hair in the morning for a couple weeks--Wahoo!! Our mornings are pretty hectic so any extra time is great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy...I can't believe they still charge you for the delivery. Cute pictures.

Nurse Heidi said...

Oh good grief. My friend that had her baby in the car on the way got charged for an "out of hospital delivery" on her hospital bill. Nice.

FWIW, I tried to fight my 1000 buck ambulace bill, a lovely transfer from Timp to the U when I was pregnant with Ethan in which they did NOTHING, not even take a blood pressure (oh, I take that back - I did request and get a second pillow to place behind my back), and which they charged as an "advanced life support" run. I didn't get anywhere. Pretty annoying since I had to pay 20% of it.