"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, September 25, 2008

SARAH 911--AKA "HOLY @#$%"

Here is the much anticipated 911 call from Sarah's birth. I must say I have never heard Aaron more terrified in my life. I guess I was quite upset as well since...well I guess you can just listen. The long tones are where we gave out our address and personal info. No offense, but we just don't want to give everything away :). Even listening to the actual call it seems surreal and like it never happened. Enjoy--as much as you can. We are hoping this brings some comic relief to everyone. Thanks to the Sheriff's Office we got the tape for free. I guess after listening to it they felt sorry for us! WARNING It is a little intense, but since everything turned out fine we can look back laughingly and say I can't believe that actually happened.

11 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

Holy @#$% is right!!!!!!

Johanna said...

I don't think I heard any Lamaze going on.

Carlee Hoopes said...

LOL!!!!!!!! That is so awesome! You guys sound so freaked out...but heck, I WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO! I'm surprised there weren't any curse words! Way to go!!! :) Thanks for sharing this. It made my night! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't even imagine. You guys did good! Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

WOW!! The background noise makes me thankful for my C-sections!! Aaron was hilarious and sounded totally FREAKED out! Glad everything turned out great!!:)

Melanie said...

Whoa! Glad Aaron didn't pass out or something...he sounded like he could have at any moment. That is so crazy. Thanks for sharing.

Fordney said...

Freakin' Awesome!!!! That is priceless- I love it! Thanks for sharing the 911 call. It made me laugh!

Nurse Heidi said...

Holy moly, that's a keeper! Maybe you can record that in a little sound button from Buildabear and add it to her scrapbook : ).

Waiting for the One=-) said...

You guys are awesome! So sorry you had to go through that.

kim said...

I want to hear it!!! It won't let me! It's just showing some weird puzzle thing and doesn't let me click a thing! :(

Doug Kunz said...

Wow Dr. Aaron this is AWESOME!!!! :) You need to come to NI Tech Sym in SLC in Nov. so I can hear this story directly from the horses mouth. :)

Glad it all worked out.