"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cookie Exchange

Wednesday night was the cookie exchange party. I had been experimenting to try and find an EASY recipe since I don't make cookies all that often. This is the recipe I came up with:

White Chip Peppermint Chocolate Cookies

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 pkg. Devil's Food cake mix
1 egg
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1 pkg. of white chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Mix in about half of the cake mix (dry), the egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in remaining cake mix and the white chocolate chips. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for one minute. Yield: about 5 dozen.

The cookies I brought home (about 6 dozen) are now gone since I live in a house of cookie monsters--the biggest one being Aaron. The pediatrician recommended I avoid eating nuts while I am nursing Sarah to try and avoid a nut allergy with her. That meant Aaron got to eat the majority of the cookies since most of them had nuts. Don't get me wrong I still ate a few...OK a lot. Anyway, I have been putting off going back to Weight Watchers for a while so now after the exchange it will have I a good excuse to wait until the beginning of the year :). At least they tasted good that's all that counts right?!

No comments: