Learning how to parent is a work in progress. You are bound for some good moments and then not so good moments which brings us to why we had to make a special trip to see Santa

Saturday. This Christmas all J

osh wanted was a skateboard. Josh is somewhat accident prone and to us parents this didn't sound like a very good idea. However, that is all he asked Santa for. To try and dissuade Josh, Aaron received a phone call from Santa via his cell phone in front of Josh with Santa saying Josh was too little for a skateboard. We thought Josh would take it in stride and want something else. We were WAY off. He just broke down and started to cry that brokenhearted cry that made us both feel about 2 inches tall. We felt AWFUL. To try and make things better we had a talk with Santa and he has reconsidered. We took all the kids to see Santa again yesterday and encouraged Josh to ask for his beloved skateboard again. Who knows we may end up at the emergency room Christmas day, but at least his heart won't be broken just his arm or leg...

Yesterday Aaron helped my brother move for the majority of the day which left me home alone with the kids. I am not adventurous enough to take them all out by myself yet so we had a lazy day at home. We played some weed (Wii) and then we went outside and played in the snow. Josh has wanted to make a snowman for awhile so we attempted it yesterday. It has been so cold that the snow didn't pack very well. Our snowman isn't very daunting, but at least we got one made--and good thing is it is not a 'special' boy snowman ;) like the one last year which is another story in itself. We also made some snow angels. Then we had a snowball fight. It was the boys vs Mom. I lost. Sarah even was

outside with us. I bundled her up and put her in the bouncer outside. She was the Abominable Sarah.
I received a new calling this week. I even got to choose between Relief Society pianist or nursery. Hmmmm, wasn't much of a choice as I almost yelled, "NURSERY PLEASE!!!" because I don't do well playing the piano in front of people which may pose a small problem for Relief Society. I will have one week with Daniel before he moves on into Sunbeams then I will have to wait a while before Sarah comes in. I am one of those weird people that like nursery so I am happy.
Friday the mortgage rates have dropped so we decided to refinance. We will be on track to pay off the house in ten years that is if nothing big happens--knock on wood you never know with our luck. I am so excited!

This weekend I also made some Daniel friendly Rice Krispie Treats. The kids liked them quite a lot. This picture shows how I found them a lot of the time--stealing a taste.
One last thing you never know what goes through kids' minds. Daniel was talking to Sarah when he stopped and said, "Sarah has a booger, Mom." He then proceeded to wipe it off her nose then, before I could stop him, he ate it. This was so disgusting I just had to share. EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! And I wonder why they get sick so often...
4 comments:
Yay! I am so glad you are going to be in nursery with us!! It will be so nice!
Let me know when I can bring the stuff by this week! Thanks so much!
Congrats on your new calling! You will be great. That's great that you were able to refinance. We refinanced in January to a 15 yr when the rates dropped for like 4 hrs one day to 4.625. What a blessing.
I guess that we need to be watching the mrtg rates.. We really need to refinance! Rebecca you are a wonderful mom!! Yes parenting teaches you so much but you are so patient. It is a quality that some of us really struggle with. Your kids are so well behaved..
My side hurts from laughing over the booger thing! Oh my word, I've never heard of such a thing! I mean, kids eat boogers all the time - just usually not OTHER peoples' boogers. Awesome.
Post a Comment