"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hay Ride

This weekend we went with our neighbor on a hayride to see the Layton City lights. The kids all had fun riding on the hay bales and seeing the many different lights. It was cold so we all bundled up. Sarah even had on warm clothes--she looked like the kid in the Christmas story who says, "I can't put my arms down." We had a really good time. Despite the cold the kids enjoyed seeing all the lights with their friends.

This Wednesday my friend is having a cookie exchange. I have been experimenting with many recipes with no complaints from my family. I am looking for a recipe that is easy, but looks fancy. It is harder than it looks. I haven't found that perfect combination yet so I will have to experiment some more. I don't think I will have too many complaints. Although, if anyone has a recipe that is EASY and yummy, but looks fancy let me know I am open for suggestions.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the picture of the guy who is posing for you, and how his wife is looking at him like he's a moron.

Anonymous said...

How fun. We should take the kids to do that.