Today, as it worked out, we all had dentist visits. I am happy to report there were no casualties or cavities for that matter. I guess me being the Brushing Nazi has worked in the kids' favor. Aaron and I had our appointments in the morning and I have never been worked over so much in one visit!! After an hour with the Hygienist her gloves had my blood splattered all over them. She even told me my teeth were pretty clean and that my cleaning shouldn't take that long. If that were the case I would hate to see what she would do with teeth that weren't so clean!! I have never been one who has been nervous or afraid at the dentist's office, but during her cleaning my hands were clenching the arm rests of the chair. Aaron didn't have any new cavities, but one if his old fillings needed to be replaced which meant he had a numb mouth for a big part of the day. He still felt like he could grab some lunch so we went and got a hamburger. When he returned to work he was eating his second lunch and found an unchewed chunk of his first lunch hiding in the numb part of his mouth behind his molars---YUCK!! The kids did pretty well at the pediatric dentist. I was a little nervous for Daniel since he had quite a hard time last visit. He did great. He couldn't wait for his brothers to get out of the chair before he hopped up. The favorite part of the visit was choosing the toys at the end. Josh needed a little more help in choosing since he wanted a shiny ring and a bracelet. That didn't quite pass the manly test so, finally after much convincing, Aaron got him talked into get a sticky hand instead. Until the next time in six months--I hope by then I have replaced all the blood I lost today!! 
It's a good thing Daniel gets mesmerized by movies and TV!!

No comments:
Post a Comment