In other happenings I got a great deal on some Heely's (the shoe with the skate in the heel) for Matthew and Josh. We got them in the mail a couple days ago. I was curious to see how they would like them. Josh put them on and fell twice in about 5 minutes. He took them off and has yet to put them back on again. Matthew loves them. He can't quite balance and skate, but he likes his new "rollerblades". He just likes cruising around the furniture while skating. I guess Sarah will have a good role model when she starts that in a little while.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Validation?
I was reading an old conference talk and at the end of it was feeling rather inadequate in every area of my life. I was talking to Aaron about it and telling him how I felt. He began to give me a detailed explanation of what I was feeling and how I shouldn't feel this way, etc. I stopped him and told him that I just needed to hear some validation that I was being a good mom and wife. Occasionally, I just need that pat on the back or an "Atta Boy!" After that we started talking about something else. An hour later, out of the blue, he gave me a big hug, and said, "Rebecca, you are the best mom for our kids and the best wife I could ever have." I was very surprised
and I thought how nice! That was very thoughtful. I was feeling a little better when he then asked, "Was that the validation you needed?" That brought me down from cloud nine really fast. Oh well, what can you do? Validation smalidiation! Who needs validation anyway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Rebecca, You are a great mom. I really look up to you! Don't be too hard on yourself.
Oh the days like these come and thank goodness they go! And yet we both know we wouldn't trade them for anything or anyone else! I wish I could be there to give you the validation I'm sure you deserve. Love you friend!
Oh Aaron...if only he had left the last part off.
Post a Comment