I knew it was inevitable, but Josh has finally figured out that there is definitely a difference between boys and girls. I guess it just came to him today. As we were getting in the car this is how our conversation went
Josh, "Do girls pee out of their buns?"
Me, "Why?"
Josh, "Because they don't have a peanut."
I could tell an awful lot of thought went into this question. I didn't know quite how to answer since I wasn't able to put in as much thought as he had. I mumbled something like girls just are built different blah, blah, blah. Lucky for me that seemed to satisfy his curiosity for now.
Today we had an embarrassing moment. We were at the mall just browsing at a store. While I was looking a clerk came over. She started asking me if I needed any help when Josh looked at her and tooted loudly mid her sentence. Embarrassed I said no I didn't need any help while thinking to myself... Josh just helped himself, unfortunately you were here to hear it. Gotta love boys!
G&G M just came for a quick overnight visit. The kids were pretty excited to see them. Daniel was quite shy at first, but warmed up once Josh came home from school when he realized Josh was taking away some of his attention.
Daniel has said some funny things. Grandpa was picking up Sarah when he said, "Boy, you are heavy!" Daniel corrected Grandpa by saying, "Hey Grandpa, she's a girl!!" I went to drop Daniel off at playgroup today and I was talking to Charli's mom for a minute. Daniel came over and told me, "Mom you forgot to leave!!" and kept repeating himself until I left. I wonder what he will be like when he's a teen.
Today was warm enough to cut everyone's hair outside. I really don't enjoy cutting hair so I cut everyone's really short so it will be a while before I have to cut it again. Another bonus of super short hair is I don't have to comb it in the mornings for a couple weeks--Wahoo! Here's the boys sporting their new haircuts.

4 comments:
With the same kind of family as you I totally relate to what you are saying. I do the same thing with my boys' hair and we have had many conversations about boys and girls.
It's fun to read your blog.
Amyjoy
I love cutting my boys hair short. I like not having to comb it in the mornings as well. I also like to cute it out side. Less clean up. The only problem is James likes to spike the front now days so I have to keep his a bit longer so he can have his spiked look. O well right
ROFL about that first one! Oh my gosh, your boys just crack me up. Never a dull moment indeed.
I hear you on the haircuts too. I pretty much ignore Ethan's hair entirely unless it's sticking up badly. Then I just cut it short again. Alan gets miffed and tells me I should leave it long, to which I reply that he's welcome to maintain it himself.
Too funny. I'm with you on the haircuts!
Post a Comment