"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Painted

We have finally painted Sarah's room and of course it is PINK. We decided to do it yesterday and so while Aaron watched the kids, I painted. I am excited to finally decorate one of my kid's rooms. We have lived here for over 5 years and I have yet to do anything. I guess it took having a girl to get me jump started. I am hoping to get some more decorating stuff done, but hey, it took me five years to do this. I don't want to rush into anything...
Today at church I substituted in Matthew's primary class. It has been years since I have been in actual primary other than nursery. Matthew's primary teachers are moving and we are very sad to see them go. They worked really well with him. I just hope the new teachers fare as well. They told me if I substituted in Matthew's class they would find a substitute for me in nursery--kind of funny to find a substitute for a substitute. It is always interesting to see how Matthew is in comparison to his peers. I just think..whoa, we have a long way to go. Then I look at how far we have come and think we can do this...hopefully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah's room is very cute! I am sad to see the Orrell's leave too. Derek really liked them.

Cami said...

Such a pretty pink!!!! Love it!