"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Friday, April 10, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese's

For Josh's birthday I gave him the choice of having a friend birthday party or going to Chuck E. Cheese's with G&G T. I asked him quite a few times to make sure he knew what he wanted and every time it was Chuck E. Cheese's so that's what I planned for. It was all great until he started playing with his friend the day before his birthday and she asked him when he was having his friends over for a party. He came home and then said he wanted a friend party. I told him it was too late for that since his birthday was the next day. He cried and cried, but, the next day he was pretty excited to go to Chuck E. Cheese's. He even got to pick out his own birthday cake. When we went to go get it, he told me he wanted a cake that Daniel could eat. So we checked all the boxes and found a Daniel friend cake and frosting. That was very nice of Josh. That was music to my ears when I heard him say that. Maybe he will turn out ok despite our parenting :).

Aaron had a doctor's appointment that morning down in American Fork so we decided to make a day of it. Aaron did have to work for a few hours that morning since it has been crazy at work this week. Since he had been up since 4 am he was pretty exhausted, but was glad to get a break for part of a day. After going to his appointment we headed down to BYU campus. For old times sake we ate lunch at the Cougar Eat since this is where we went a lot when we were dating. After that we walked around campus reminiscing about old times. I can't believe it has been so long since I have graduated from college. We visited the Clyde engineering building which was Aaron's home away from home while he was in school. After that we went over to the Monte Bean Museum to see all the taxidermied animals. As we were walking around there Daniel kept telling us we had to be super quiet because if we were loud the animals would wake up and eat us. It was hard to keep a straight face while he was telling us that one.

After that we met Grandma T at Chuck E. Cheese's. Grandpa had to work so we just got Grandma that day. The kids loved the rides and Josh loved all the birthday attention. I think he had a pretty good time although he didn't get his friend party that he decided he wanted at the last minute. He loved opening his presents and is already thinking about what he wants next time.

No comments: