"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Do As I Say Not As I Do and Other Random Pics

I have to say Sarah will be one tough girl. She has been steamrolled, stepped on, pushed, tickled, hit, and fed by her brothers. Lately Matthew and Daniel think they are big enough to pick her up. That hasn't always turned out well--I know imagine that. It just shows how tough babies are. I included an action shot of Daniel trying to hold Sarah, but accidentally dropping her before I could get to her. Don't worry Sarah was ok because she is one tough cookie.

Josh is learning how to read and loves it. He will pick out one of the easy reader books and read it to Daniel. I found them in the chair Sunday morning reading a book. It's nice. He is also starting to pay more attention to things. For example Josh is learning about healthy eating in school. It has made me think twice about what I eat. I was fixing breakfast the other morning when Josh out of the blue said that soda must be a healthy food. I quickly said it wasn't. He then said well YOU drink it so it must be healthy. I didn't quite know how to respond. I was just thinking do as I say not as I do please!! He then asked if Poptarts were a healthy food. I just poured on the Mommy guilt and changed the subject. I console myself thinking kids have grown up in a lot worse circumstances than eating poptarts and drinking soda and have turned out all right, right?!? He is also starting to think about the future. He has told me he wants to be a Dad among other things. He really loves to draw and this is
a picture he drew for his teacher a couple weeks ago (without any help or suggestions from me). In the picture it says, "I can bee Like you sum day." It really makes me want to be a better
person if someone wants to emulate me (which is a scary thing). I hope his teacher feels that way too.
My kids fall asleep in the strangest places and positions. Here are some of the latest of Sarah falling asleep on the floor wherever she ended up and Matthew scrunched up in his bed.
Daniel always seems to have a runny nose that never ends. He has had this since I can remember thus we affectionately nick-named him "Boogers" and the added picture explains why. I am afraid to say this happens more often then I care to admit. I have learned the hard way it is important to carry some form of Kleenex where ever I go.

No comments: