"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, June 28, 2009

We Had A "Dairy" Good Time

Last night Aaron and I had an actual date; however, Sarah was a third wheel because she thinks her sole source of nutrition comes from me. It wasn't too bad because she was good during the whole date. I can't remember the last date without kids we have gone on so it was nice to have one. I am ultra paranoid leaving my kids with a teenage sitter with all their unique issues so I am really thankful for my sister-in-law Michonne offering to watch them while we went out. Since we were Daniel free for the evening we went "dairy" wild. I know that the dairy puns are "cheesy", and usually not "Gouda" enough, but I have to find a "whey" to "milk" them for all they are worth :). Anyway, enough with the bad dairy puns. We started out at Olive Garden in all it's cheesilicious glory. Then we went over to Cherry Hill Resort where we went miniature golfing and did the batting cages. Then to finish up our dairy fest we stopped off at Cold Stone, an ice cream place, and split a cake batter ice cream flavored waffle cone--yummy! We payed the price with tummy aches for the dairy indiscretion, but it was so worth it!! We just don't dare take Daniel anywhere like that with his dairy allergy so it was nice to partake last night. Thanks, Michonne we had lots of fun!
As for other things Sarah has been practicing her new skill of climbing stairs a lot. She has even found a new niche that is just her size under my side table. She will crawl up the stairs, straight over to the table, climb in then look for someone to find her. She's pretty funny.
P.S. We are feeling "butter" from our tummy aches if you were wondering--oh I crack myself up.

No comments: