"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Neurology Appointment

Yesterday was one of our semi-annual treks to Primary Children's Hospital for Josh's neurology check-up. I had to take all four kids with me alone since Aaron couldn't come with me. I have to say that is not one of my most favorite things to do alone with four kids. Between wrestling with the kids and listening I was able to make out that Josh looks good and is progressing beautifully in his development. I am proud to say Josh has been seizure free since July 10, 2008--almost a year!!! We even got the good news that his medication will be going generic soon which is wonderful now that our flex spending account has been drained for the year. Since he is doing so well we don't have to go back for another year which is nice since we have had to go every six months for the last 4 1/2 years. However, at his next appointment in a year his doctor wants to do another EEG to see if it is clear and try weaning him off his medication again. I am very nervous about that since we just did that last year and he started having seizures again. I guess I have a year to think (or worry) about it. I am just glad to hear everything is going so well. Ya Josh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay...so happy to hear that he is doing good!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm glad things are looking up! Hopefully he'll be able to get off the medication next year! :) That would be wonderful! Good Luck for the next year!

Melanie said...

That's great news!