A couple days ago I went to the garage to get inside the car and noticed there was a blood trail leaking from my freezer. Knowing this is not a good omen I looked a little closer and found out my freezer died. The freezer was only 10 years old for crying out loud--although we did buy it used. It was a sad day!! It was loaded up with a TON of food (roasts, steaks, chicken, turkey, TV dinners, pizza, Daniel's nuggets, etc.) that I am just sick about needing to throw all that food away. I don't know how long it had not been working, but it was long enough that everything was BAD along with that horrible rotten smell. After much nose plugging and gagging I just finished emptying it out and getting the area ready for our new freezer which won't be here until Tuesday. Oh the timing of such things. It would have been better for this to happen BEFORE we bought the cement pad and shed. I guess that's just Murphy's Law.

We did have some good news happen today, though. We are now members of the Three Automobiles Club. Today we acquired a truck from my Grandpa, albeit a very old, and very um....turquoise 1978 truck for a great price. It is in excellent condition with only 79,xxx miles and runs well so I can't complain. I used to ride in this truck when I was a little girl that's how old it is!! Anyway, I am just glad not to have to ask to borrow a truck from anyone anymore when we need one. YAY!
Now after so many hits our savings account has taken in the last three weeks, hopefully we can give it a rest and lick our wounds for a little while without anything else happening--knock on wood. However, with our luck you just never know...;)
3 comments:
I'm sad about your freezer. That is too bad. That's great that you have a truck now. That would be nice to not have to borrow one whenever you need to haul something.
I remember riding in that truck too. I bet driving on the freeway back to your house was as fast as it had ever been driven!
Oh, I hate that!!! Ours did that a few months ago, and now we have a nice new one also. =)
Post a Comment