"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nose Guard?

Tonight was Josh's back to school night and we got to meet his new 1st grade teachers. Josh was a little shy, but I think he is excited to start. I am a little sad to see Josh go to all day school. I still see him as my little 4 year old boy. Daniel will miss him a lot that much I know. Mom isn't as much fun as Josh. He is most excited about having three recesses a day instead of just one.

Josh also finally got his sparring gear in today at karate. Every Thursday is sparring day, but you can't spar unless you have the protective equipment which took over 4 weeks to get here. When Josh saw his equipment was in he was so excited!! When he got home he had to put it on to show me. When it came to the um...athletic cup, I let Aaron tell him all about that and show him how to wear it. I only had one brother and he wasn't very open about these things so I have no idea about any of that stuff. Who knows if Aaron weren't here I might have thought it was a nose guard :). It's a good thing Josh has a Dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that Josh and Cameron are in the same class. Yeah!