Yep, this is just two of the MANY tests I took and I still don't believe it. Aaron and I had come to the conclusion our family was complete after Sarah--the home birth seemed to seal that deal. Aaron said it would take a miracle for us to decide to have another baby. I guess Heavenly Father has other plans for us. This came as a total unplanned surprise. I thought we would spread the news as I am nearing the end of my first trimester. We had our first appointment and we got to see the baby and see it's little flutter of a heart beat. To tell the truth I still don't believe it as I don't feel any different--no morning sickness or anything. I probably won't believe it until I am holding the baby for the first time--hopefully in the hospital this time around where I will have access to a glorious epidural. Me and natural child birth don't seem to go together very well. And I have cried almost every day since for some reason or another or for no reason at all. I have cried tears of joy, excitement, feeling overwhelmed, the unknown, for no reason at all, but NEVER tears of sadness. However earlier this week I tried to take all four kids grocery shopping by myself and it didn't turn out very well. All the kids had a screaming contest inside the store and they all won by my standards. By the time I got home I was crying real tears of "I can't even handle taking four kids grocery shopping alone, how am I going to handle taking five?!?" I have never been so tearful during a pregnancy before. Aaron doesn't quite know how to handle all the tears yet--neither do I for that matter. If you start talking to me and see tears well up, it's just the pregnancy. I am not sad I just have really leaky tear ducts right now. We are excited to welcome the new baby--and for Sarah's sake I hope it's a girl or she will be surrounded by boys. I am due in May, but the doctor will induce me early to try and avoid the home birth thing. Aaron got that straight on our first appointment. I don't think Aaron could handle another surprise home birth. So here's to our upcoming newest addition--we are only about six months away from meeting. Don't get us wrong we are excited, but still in the surprise, shock phase. I never thought I would have 5 kids...crazy how things work!!!
Friday, October 16, 2009
What Can Make Me Cry, Cry and Then Cry Some More?
What can make me cry, cry and then cry some more? Well let me go back to when we thought there might be something out of the ordinary. Back when I had finished painting my kitchen cupboards white, I asked Aaron what he thought about them. He honestly told me he thought they were a little too white. At hearing this I immediately burst into tears. That is NOT like me as it usually takes a lot to get me to cry. That's when we thought something might be up. A few days later this is what we found out:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Congrats!!!!!! I think that's awesome news! If you need a break, send your kids across the street. Daniel is so good with Dawson, and all your kids are so well behaved!
Ahhh! Congratulations! Very exciting.
WOW!!!! Congratulations! I can help with kids while you go to the store. I HATE when I have all 4 of mine with me. Your such a great mom, you needed to add another sweet child to your home, plus you have super cute kids.
Congratulations!!
Congratulations. That is amazing. We say the same thing, it would take a miracle for us to have our 5th baby.
We have the same stats as you so I will send best thoughts for a girl!
Amyjoy
Congrats!! That is very exciting. You will do great.
Wow!!! That is a surprise!!! Congratulations! You could send your kids over here too, they would all have a buddy!
Congratulations! I'm excited for you - and wish you another girl. I also wish you a hospital delivery this time!
Congratulations Becca. Welcome to the world of five kids. After 3 any nomber is easy, right??? :)
Congrats! This time I think you should do a "car" delivery... didn't you want a new minivan? I don't know if I could drive in the same car I gave birth in.... although thanks for reminding me after I painted your bathroom downstairs and took the towel rack off, that that was where you gave birth to Sarah, and the towel rack was kinda bent cuz you were hanging on for dear life... (the towel rack as since been removed and retired.)
Jeff & I are excited for you and hopefully we can post a similar post in a few weeks and we could end up having a set of cousins a few months apart!
We love you and good luck! :)
I am so far behind on this news but Congratulations.. This is great!!! You will do fine!!! :)
Thats awesome!! You are such a wonderful mother!! You'll do great!
Oh, Contratulations! You have joined the 5 kids club. I do know how you feel though. Ryan and I thought we were done after the triplets. They made an even 4 and it was sooo very hard for us to get pregnant. When they were just 7 months old, is when I found out we were pregnant with our 5th. I cried and cried and cried some more. She was our little miracle, cause we got pregnant on our own. She was my best pregnancy with very little sickness and no bed rest, and she was my best baby. We had to keep her out of reach of the 4 older ones who were only 13 months and 32 months older than she was, but she didn't mind she just sat in her bouncy or pack 'n play and slept. I think she still is my best baby even though we are the terrible twos. Again congratulations, you are such a good mom and will do well with another.
I think that is great! Maybe Sarah will have a sister to help her with all her brothers.
Congratulations=)
Congratulations! That is exciting!... It is so hard taking 5 kids to the store alone, I know I have done it tons, but the days they do something really cute makes up for those "bad" days... I am lucky enough to have an older child to watch my kids for a while, while I go to the store now. Maybe you could find someone that you could swap babysitting with so you can have some "me" time while you go shopping! Good Luck and I can't wait to hear what your having! :)
Ha ha ha ha!!! I knew it!! You posted a cryptic comment about a positive pee stick a while back on my blog, but then I couldn't find anything to support it on your blog, so I just wondered and wondered. Wowzers, friends. What a blessing :). Good thing you don't have any morning sickness - crying is handleable.
So, should I get a gift wrapped emergency OB kit sent your way with Aaron's name on it in about 4 months? Just in case? ;). FWIW, my dad wound up delivering 4 of the twelve of us under varying circumstances. One at the hospital while the docs were in the hall. One in the car on the way. Two intentional homebirths in which the midwife or doc didn't make it in time. He tells me there's nothing to it, and that it gets easier each time. Bwahahahaha.
Congratulations! I hope it's a girl. Sarah definitely needs a sister.
Post a Comment