"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Worth Walking For

Sarah has finally decided that walking isn't so bad after all. Of course we added a little incentive in the beginning, but now for the most part she is just doing it all on her own. She is also practicing non stop so she will be walking for long distances by herself before we know it. Now if we could just get her talking...
Yesterday Aunt Jill was here and of course she can't just visit. We redid my bedroom. We had to order the comforter set online so it isn't in yet--meaning I am not going to post pics until I get everything together. We painted yesterday so now I am just waiting to put everything back together. While we were waiting for the paint to dry we took a scenic drive up Sardine Canyon while listening to Conference to look at the fall foliage. It was really pretty, but we missed the best part because some of the leaves had started falling. Jill left this morning and the kids were sad. They keep asking when she will come back. We don't know for sure so we keep saying sometime around March? We'll see--I guess I will have until then to dream up another "project" we can do--lucky Jill :).

A funny side note we were watching Conference this morning. Miraculously enough Matthew was watching with wrapped attention--that is amazing because he never sits still long enough to watch anything. When they came to the part where the choir started singing Love Is Spoken Here I looked over and Matthew was quietly crying and rubbing his eyes. I asked what was wrong and said, "My tears keep coming." I then asked him if he was sad or happy and he said he was happy. He then got mad at his eyes because he couldn't stop his tears from coming. Sometimes I really wish I could see what he was thinking or feeling because he just can't convey those feelings to a point where I can understand them. I would like to think he was really enjoying Conference.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rasmussen said...

What a big girl! It is hard to believe she is walking already. Can't wait to see you all in person.