"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Crystal Ball Says...Surgery

There will be surgery in Aaron's future as well as lack of dollar signs in both our futures. Such is life :). He went to the Orthopedist today and it looks like a right lateral meniscus tear in his knee--which of course, according to our luck, needs surgery to correct. He has an MRI on Thursday morning to make sure that's the proper diagnosis. From there it is a follow up appointment to discuss the MRI results and to plan the surgery. I am hoping to drag it out until our flex spending account starts up again in January, but we'll see how fast things get moving. The sad thing is he doesn't even have a good story like he did it skiing or something else--he did it while playing volleyball of all things and that's kind of funny to tease him about. Anyway, I would rather have him get the surgery sooner than later since the longer he waits the more pregnant I will be and we can't have both of us out of commission at the same time. It also isn't very fun chasing after kids while being hugely pregnant so I am hoping Aaron will be able to run after the kids before long. After the surgery there will be about a four month rehab--yup, I said a four month rehab--including physical therapy and crutches hopefully graduating into a huge brace sooner than later. What a way to kick off the New Year right?!?

Sarah is starting to turn into a girly girl and I LOVE IT!! She loves to dress herself even if she can only drape the clothes around her neck as in the video clip. She will pick up any piece of clothing and try to put it on anytime. She must be a fashion diva. She also loves putting her shoes on, and after a few minutes taking them off as well.

She also loves to pose for the camera. In this picture she was crying right before I brought out the camera and once she saw it she immediately stopped crying and started posing and smiling. What a ham! She even has started letting me do her hair for longer periods of time and it's fun. I love having a girl and hopefully by the end of the week I can definitely say I will be having two girls!!! YAY!

3 comments:

Johanna said...

I'm sorry. What a bummer. At least you have a fashionista for comfort.

The Crandall Clan said...

Ok that picture of Sarah is the cutest thing ever. I love it. Sorry to hear about Aarons knee. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

That is a total bummer. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I love the little picture of Sarah. She is such a cutie!