Friday, November 27, 2009
Thanksgiving and Black Friday (The Other Holiday)
For Thanksgiving this year we headed to G&G T's house along with my brother and his family and my own G&G (my mom's parents). G&G T were gracious enough to make a Daniel friendly turkey which was a good thing since he ate a ton of it and not much of anything else. Daniel is definitely a carnivore!! I got to bring the "smashed" potatoes and a dessert for Daniel. Grandma T made a few dishes just for Daniel so he could enjoy Thanksgiving, but they didn't compare to the turkey in Daniel's eyes. Dinner was delicious. Grandma T even set up a craft for the kids to do which kept them busy for a little bit. Then after a few meltdowns and some broken toys that afternoon we decided it was time for us to come home. Before we left we did get a picture with Great G&G Gee. 
When we got home I got out my Black Friday ads and called my
sister when we made up our game plan. I was rather disappointed in what the sales were this year so I just planned to go to be moral support and an extra pair of hands for my sister. Fortunately or unfortunately--depending on how you look at it--I didn't remain empty handed. I came home spending a lot more than I had planned on, but at least Aaron and my Christmas is now done. I guess that's a good thing. I thought everyone else's Christmas was taken care of as well until we went to visit Santa tonight. The kids all had turns on Santa's lap and told him all different things than what they had told us. Seeing as Santa had already gotten what they had
originally asked for and had never heard of any of the new stuff, I think I will be planting quiet
suggestions of what they really want to help them really make up their minds. We saw Santa at the Christmas Tree Jubilee in Ogden. It is a mini charity like Festival of the Trees benefiting special needs kids in the area. We love going to this every year and this year was no different. Sarah didn't care for Santa, but the rest of the kids loved telling him all the things they wanted and getting their picture taken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment