Lately I haven't been doing very well in the cooking daily dinner department so I am trying to do better. I thought I would try a new recipe yesterday--Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese. I found a good recipe and made my own adjustments and 5 out of the 6 of us seemed to like it--I saved out some plain noodles for Daniel and put spaghetti sauce on them so that's why Daniel liked it. Josh was rather contrary. He was just biding his time because he knew after dinner they would be able to pick out a few Halloween treats to eat for dessert. He was not very happy when I told him if he wasn't hungry for dinner then he couldn't possibly be hungry for treats--meaning no dinner no treats. He then managed to choke down 5 big bites and a few more when we weren't looking so he could at least pick out one treat. After dinner he came over to me and in a conversational, matter of fact voice he said, "Mom, I really hated that dinner." What do I say? Do I say thanks for the feedback or thanks for being honest or do I just nod and smile and try not to cry seeing as that comes pretty easily to me nowadays? Anyway here's the recipe if anyone's interested. It got a thumbs up from Aaron who usually likes the real home made stuff and Matthew who's mister picky so that's pretty good in my book:
Slow Cooked Mac 'N' Cheese (my version)
2 (13.25oz) packages of high fiber shell noodles
1/2 cup margarine
3 eggs, beaten
1 can (12 oz) of evaporated milk
2 cans of condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1 cup milk
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Cook shells until almost done, but still chewy (about 6 minutes); drain. Place in a 6 quart crock pot with the sides sprayed with Pam; add margarine to the noodles and stir until melted. In a separate bowl beat the three eggs, then add the evaporated milk, soup, milk and only 3 cups of the shredded cheese. Pour mixture over shells and stir to coat. Sprinkle the last remaining cup of shredded cheese over the top and cover. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kita is the same way - she won't let Nate forget that he made meatballs that she didn't like. She kept telling him over and over that he could never cook that dinner again because it was nasty! I finally had to talk to her about being nice! Kids!
Post a Comment