In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.
- Gordon B. Hinckley
"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown
Friday, November 27, 2009
Free Day at the Zoo
Wednesday the zoo had a free day and all the kids were out of school so I thought why not. I was even more excited when Aaron decided to take the day off to go with us. It was nice because I really needed the help. It was a clear day, but very cold when we got there. It warmed up a few degrees, but winter is officially here I am afraid to say. We got to see most of the animals, but since we got there first thing in the morning some of them were still in their enclosures where the public couldn't see them. We got to the monkeys (all different species), elephant including the baby elephant, giraffes, etc. We were a little sad to find out the lion had passed away a few years ago so we didn't get to see any lions. The kids fit right in with all the wild animals since they were pretty crazy, too. After grabbing a quick lunch we then headed over to the Tracy Aviary to check out the different birds. I have had a pass there for awhile and have yet to make it there so we decided to check it out. It was nice because we were the only ones there. Josh and Daniel kept themselves busy by chasing the peacocks all over the place. They never caught up to them, but it got some of their energy out. It was fun day.
I am happily married to a wonderful husband. We have four busy boys with one cute little girl. My kids keep me pretty busy most of the time, so when I get a spare moment, I like to read, blog and scrapbook. I attended college and received my Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. At college, I met my husband in a karate class of all places and we have been married for 12 years. After putting my husband through college by working full time graveyard shifts as a nurse, I have gone on hiatus to be a stay-at-home Mom and enjoy spending time with the kids.
1 comment:
How fun! Amazing to see how your kids measure up to the gorillas! :) I didn't notice much difference...lol!
Post a Comment