"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, March 1, 2010

Chairs Can Breath a Sigh of Relief

I finally got my dining benches last week. After Sarah has broken three of my dining chairs by climbing up and them and tipping them over breaking the spindles I wanted to save the remaining chairs so we ordered two benches. We finally got around to putting them together Saturday with lots of help from little hands. We had our first dinner on them last night and the kids seemed to love it. All three boys wanted to sit together on one side so we let them. Daniel liked being boy trapped or so he said. We thought we would try Sarah out on the other bench with me instead of the high chair and she loved it too. She stayed put during all of dinner which is amazing because we were sure with her new found freedom she would be wandering around all through dinner. Since she sat/stood next to me, she dubbed me her own personal napkin and I have the food stains on my shirt to prove it. Whenever her hands or face got dirty (which was a lot) she would just lean over and wipe herself off on my shirt before I knew what she was doing. I thought she was giving me loves, but no she was only wiping off her hands or face. The benches don't quite match my dining table, but at least my chairs will be safe from The Destroyer aka Sarah--or maybe not. I caught her climbing on the two remaining chairs this morning...I guess we will see how long those chairs will remain intact.

1 comment:

Waiting for the One=-) said...

I think it looks great. We have two benches too and love them.
But just a heads up...When I was babysitting my niece when she was 1 1/2 yrs I turned around just in time to catch the bench from tipping over onto her head.
She loves to climb on them but she is older now and it's not so bad.